Hello Family!!!!!!!! I am so glad that Cameron is ok! I was so worried when i was reading about that. Tell him that i am proud of him for being so tough and tell him that i love him and i miss him. Also the reason that p-day is today is because tomorrow is zone conference and we are going to the Gadfield Elm. I think that is how you spell it but it is the oldest dedicated chapel in the world so that will be pretty cool to go to. The mission goes once a year for zone conference. I am pretty excited about it.
Well this week was a tough week. It started out pretty good but then it just ended bad. We couldn't get anyone to church again and so i was pretty upset about it. I will make sure that we have people next week though. We felt like we have been doing everything we can but i guess we need to work a little harder. So pretty much our whole week was tracting and trying to find people to teach. It was a pretty frustrating week but i prayed and asked the Lord to help me and he has. I love it.
Well Mrs. Flynn, the lady we live with, had to go to Ireland this week because her sister died. So we have the house to ourselves for a couple days. She is a great lady though and i have been thinking of ways to share the gospel with her.
Well the computers are messed up here and so i don't have a lot of time left but really all we did this week was tract. There wasn't anything really big that went on. Actually nevermind here is a story that will make you throw up. So last tuesday we had a dinner appointment at this members home. He has only been a member for about 3 years but lets just say he doesn't smell very nice. Not at all. He absolutely stinks. So we were a little worried going into his house but we go in there and it is an absolute mess!! It made my room back home look like i was a neat freak. So then he brings us our food. Pizza and Baked beans. He gives us a fork and knife and he just rinsed them off but they weren't rinsed off so there was still food on them. I didn't use them and i asked if i could go wash my hands so i did and i tried to wash them but it didn't work so i just ate the pizza with my hands. The first couple bites were alright but after that i found tons of hair in it and so i stopped eating. It reminded me of dads pumpkin pie story and so i looked at my watch and i said we needed to get going to our appointment. The appointment wasn't for another 10 minutes but i got out of there so fast. Man i really almost threw up. Elder Wear got sick off of it and so it just wasn't a good night. That was definately a moment i won't forget.
Well i have to go now but i will hear from you again next week. P day should be on tuesday again. I love all of you. You are the best family in the world. I couldn't ask for anything greater. I know that the church is true. It is awesome. I love it so much and i love being a missionary. It is the greatest. I love you all so much.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Monday, July 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment