Hey i hope you had a great time at Lake Powell. I heard that the Hulets have a new houseboat. I will be excited to hear about it. I hope that dan got some good skiing in and that he wakeboarded.
Well the big news of this week was that we had Zone Conference and that is where we said goodbye to President and Sister Moffat. That was no fun. That was the hardest thing that i have had to do. I don't want to see them go. I know that they have to and i know that President Ogden will be great but i will miss them greatly. There were a lot of tears shed from me thats for sure. At the end of Zone Conference we sang God Be With You Til We Meet Again. Talk about a horrible song to end on. I was already in tears by the time the song ended and then after the song President Moffat said that him and Sister Moffat wanted to say goodbye to us each individually and so we all got up and went a made a line. I was trying to stay calm but it was so hard. I never thought that the day would come when they would leave. I finally got up to them and i hugged President Moffat and then he told me a few things that really helped me and then i went and said bye to Sister Moffat. It was tough. I love them so much and my love for them goes beyond this life. I love them for eternity. I will have to admit though i think it was harder to say goodbye to them than to you guys. I'm sorry but its true. I can't wait to see them again. You will have to let me know how their talk goes and tell them that i love them. Please.
Ben and Michal are ok with everything now. They came back to church and loved it. They really regreted what they did and they said that it was just a difficult decision for them to make. They are doing well though.
We are in the middle of a "heat wave" England style. It rains all the time and can't make up its mind but it is hotter than Africa over here. Everyone told us that it was going to be a "heat wave" but they don't even understand what the meaning of that means. Even though it is very very very humid and i am soggy and moist all the time, i love it. I love preaching the gospel.
Well that is it for this week. President Ogden comes in tomorrow night at about 7 o clock. I don't think we will meet him until interviews which are next week. I am excited for that. He flies into Frankfurt, Germany today to spend a day with the Area Presidency and then he flies over here to England. I will let you know all that happens. I love all of you. I am grateful for your love and support. I am thankful for your prayers. I am thankful for this gospel and all that it blesses us with. It is true. Its as simple as that. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I hope to hear from you next week.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment