Hello everyone!!!! It sounds like everyone is doing well. It was good to hear from everyone.
First off i want to apologize for not getting an email from me last week. We had a mission football (soccer) tournament on tuesday and we had to leave early and didnt get back until about 6 and so we didnt have time to email. But it was so good to hear from everyone on Mothers day. I loved talking to you and hearing all of your voices.
This week has been pretty good. We have found a couple more people to teach and on thursday we taught this lady named Maria. She is from Portugal and she is catholic. She is a very nice lady and we taught her just more about the Restoration. We were teaching and we had a member and his wife there. (We were mad his wife came because she is crazy and its kind of overwhelming to the investigator) But the beginning of the lesson was a little chaotic. The spirit was not there for some reason. Then all of the sudden me and Elder Brower both got the impression to bear our testimony of the Book of Mormon. We did that and we read the last two paragraphs of the Introduction. While i was reading the last paragraph i felt the spirit come just like a brick wall. It was amazing. I finished reading and we looked up and Maria was crying. She said that she felt sad but it wasnt a sad sad. It was more like a something is missing sad. We explained to her that the spirit had testified to her that what we were saying is true and that it is the feeling that god gives us. It was an awesome lesson and i really do hope she follows her feelings and wants to become baptized. I have never felt the spirit quite like that and it was a great feeling. We have a baptism scheduled for saturday and so far it is looking like it will happen. It will be a great day for her when she gets baptized and makes those covenants with the Lord.
Mom this one is for you. Yesterday me and Elder Brower were tracting and we tracted into this lady. She opens the door and she is very overweight. Her shirt doesnt fit over her stoamch and she walks out and she is absolutely covered in hair. She also had a beard and i almost threw up right there. We were talking to her and this cat kept trying to run out of the house but we kept it in. We asked her how many cats she had and she said she had 82 cats. Yes 82 cats. It was terrible. You could look in the door and see the house was just covered with cats. It was so sick. I really felt like i had to take a shower after and i almost threw up.
But that was about all that happened this week. Tomorrow we have interviews with President Moffat and so that should be very good.
I was disappointed to hear about the Jazz. I hate the Lakers. But either way the Spurs will beat the Lakers. Keep me updated on all sports. Thank you.
Well everything is good here and i am trying to be the best missionary i can be. I love all of you guys and i pray for you every day. Thank you again for all the support you give to me. You are the best. Keep sending me letters and updates. I got the package with the peanut butter m&ms. Thank you. I love all of you guys and i want you to know that i know the church is true. I love you.
Love Elder Rudd
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment