Hello Family!!! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing well at home. As far as this week goes we had interviews and mine was great. I love President Moffat. He is so good at teaching the gospel and making it so you can understand it and learn from it. It is amazing. Our interview was a great interview and we just talked and discussed things about the mission. Pretty much the only question he asked me was am i worthy to be a missionary. He is such a powerful man and i love him so much.
The baptism that we had scheduled for saturday went through as planned and it was a great baptism. Mom you will love this part and you will be so proud of me. I played the piano at the baptism. We couldn't find anyone else who could play so i just played. It was great. But the baptism was very different from a baptism back home. Almost everyone that showed up, showed up in levi's and a t-shirt. It was really wierd and then it was so loud because people here don't know how to control their kids and they let them do whatever they want. It was kind of annoying but at least the ward showed up to support Tracy. She finally was baptized after 3 tries and it was so wonderful to see her being baptized and seeing her spirit totally change. We confirmed her on sunday but it was a close call. She sent us a text at like 11:30 on saturday night telling us she wasn't sure if she was going to make it to church. We didn't get it until we woke up and so we decided that we had to ride up there to her house and make sure she came. It was absolutely pouring rain. I was soaked and it was cold. We got to her house and she wasn't very happy with us but we said we had rode our bikes 20 minutes in the pouring rain to make sure she came to church because we know how important this is for her. She ended up coming to church and she told us afterward that she was happy that she came. It was a great feeling.
We are also starting to teach one of the members wife and she seems like she is interested and i know that she will get baptized. We think she knows the church is true we are just trying to get her to admit it. We will get her though. Other than that we haven't really taught anyone else. The porteguese people that i told you about last week started working again and work all day every day so we are trying to get a hold of them so we can teach them again but other than that we are still trying to find people to teach. It has been pouring rain the last 2 days. I have never seen so much rain in my life. It's ridiculous. It's so hard riding a bike in pouring rain when its cold and the wind blowing at like 30 miles an hour. Its crazy. But we have to do it and i know the Lord will bless us for it.
No we didn't go back to the cat lady. I am glad we didn't do that. I would have thrown up if we did. It was disgusting. Thanks for updating me on everything. I really love getting your emails and hearing about everything. Keep letting me know how things are going back home. I love being a missionary and i have learned so much already. I cant believe i have already been gone almost 2 months. I goes by fast. I hope everyone is doing well though and that your all doing the right things. I pray for all of you every day. Keep being the best family in the world and thank you for all your support. I love all you guys so much and the work here in Swindon is going well.
Love Elder Rudd
Also i forgot to tell you. Send me some rain pants and send me some more ties. I love you!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment