Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Letter - August 12, 2008

Hey there!!! How is everyone doing? I am glad that all is well and everyone seems to be doing excellent. I love the emails. Keep sending them.

Well this week was a decent week. The work is a little rough right now. We haven't been teaching too many people and we can't get anyone to keep their dang appointments. That is what we are really trying to work on and improve. I still love the work so much and it is amazing to see it work in people's lives. We had this one black guy from Ghana that we were teaching. He accepted a baptismal date but he hasn't been to church yet. He told us that he would be there for sure on Sunday. We had an appointment with him on Saturday and he wasn't there. We called him quite a few times and no answer. I left a message on his phone that said he had to be at church the next day or he couldn't get baptized. Well he didn't show up to church and the rule is that investigators have to come to church twice before they are interviewed for baptism. So he couldn't be baptized on the 23rd. It was really really frustrating. We have been calling him loads of times the past two days and no answer. If he ever answers he will get it from me because he has done this before and he promised us. So it has been a little frustrating week but that happens. We did have a lady show up to church though that we didn't expect to. I called her on saturday night and she said she would love to come. She is from Portugal and so it is hard to understand her. I am like dad when it comes to people speaking other languages. I still only pick up on about half of what the English say. Well other than that we didn't have alot going on this week. Just alot of tracting. Tracting can be frustrating but you just have to stay focused and keep in mind that the seed may be planted for a later time. I love missionary work and i love everything about it.

Warwick Castle was awesome. I loved it. It was so cool to see all the history that was there and just see all of it. We were only there for a couple hours so we weren't able to see all of it but i hope to go back sometime next transfer if i am still here. Cameron would have loved seeing the jousting and the guys riding the horses. It was way cool.

Well this past week Ms. Flynn got home from her trip to Ireland. She got back and then left again for a couple days to go to London. While she was in Ireland a couple weeks ago we did something that Ms. Flynn was not happy about. Our bread got moldy and so we decided to throw it outside to feed the birds. Well we threw it onto her conservatory that she has and thought nothing of it. Then because it is England it rained and rained and rained some more. The bread got wet and more moldy and slid down onto her door and onto her deck outside. It was not a good thing and we didn't know it had happened until she got home on Sunday. She was not very happy with us and so we spent some time yesterday cleaning it all up. It was not easy to clean up and it was everywhere. She wasn't too mad at us yesterday and we know she couldn't be because we are the best missionaries that have ever stayed with her. Lets just say we learned our lesson.

Well thats about all that happened this week. Tomorrow is interviews and i am really excited about that. I love talking with President Moffat and learning from him. He is going to be an apostle one day. His knowledge of the gospel and missionary work is amazing. I love it.

I love you guys and i love all the support you give me. You are the best family in the world. I absolutely love my mission. It is the greatest time of my life. Dad i am asking you right now to please not release me when i come home. I never want to stop being a missionary. I love it so much and i love this gospel. You guys are the best and i love you.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: