Hello Family!!!! I am glad that everyone has had a good week. It makes me very happy to hear that. I have heard a little bit about the Olymipcs but not what i want to hear. Yeah Michael Phelps is amazing but what about the sport of my life? WHAT ABOUT THE BASKETBALL TEAM? How is Deron Williams doing? Boozer? Lebron? All those guys. I haven't heard too much about it. I heard that they won 2 games but thats about it. So please update me on the basketball. I miss basketball so much its crazy.
Well this week has been a great week. Elder Wear started out the week not very excited and he wanted to go home. He talked to President Moffat and that changed real fast. We just told him that it was a long swim and a pretty long walk so he might as well just stay. Ever since then this area has exploded! We have 4 people commited for baptism. It is great! We had 5 people at church and i think it was my best all around week of my mission. I love it. I hit the Standard of Excellence this week which i was really happy about. The Standard of Excellence is a thing that President Moffat decides on what the goals of the mission should be each week. Ours is 2 people commited for baptism, 3 people at church, 4 progressing investigators, 16 other lessons taught, 5 member present lessons, 15 hours tracting. I was really happy i hit it but this is when the work really starts. We have to make sure that these people get baptized and that they understand why they need to be. I am so excited for them. We have been trying to get this lady named Tricia baptized ever since i have been here. She has never accepted a date but we went in on Sunday and she told us that she wanted to be baptized. It was awesome. I was shocked. All i could do was tell her how happy i am for her that she decided to be baptized. It was incredible. But other than that the week has been pretty good. I almost got in a fight with some punk last night. We were riding our bikes and he was starting to come up this little path and so i moved out of the way so he could get by and as he passed me he swore at me and i didn't say anything. Then he went across the street and said what did you say and i didn't say anything so i just said nothing then he asked if i wanted to go and i said i would like to see you try and then we rode off. But it was close. Don't worry though i don't get in too much trouble with people.
We had interviews on Wednesday and they were great. I love them. Elder Nordquist is A.P. now and he is doing a great job. He is making the stake proud. President Moffat is an amazing man. He really knows how to talk to us as missionaries and he truly cares about each and every missionary. This mission is having great success right now. As of wednesday we had 103 people commited for baptism. I am sure we have a few more now. President Moffat has changed this mission around completely and it is one of the best missions in Europe. I love it so much. It is the greatest thing i have ever done. I am so happy right now and i know it is because i am in the service of our Heavenly Father. This is the only way to true happiness. I love it so much.
I am excited to hear about From Cumorah's Hill. I loved it when i did it. It was so fun and i know it will be even better this time. (Maybe it was fun for me because i stood next to Kelly Casaday the whole time.) Dan it is a great experience. You will love doing it. Tom i know you don't like singing but this is a great experience. Go and try out for one of the acting parts. It would be a blast for you. I know that if you do it you would not regret it.
Well before i forget i should tell you that next week is transfers. I can't believe it is here again. Time flies out here. I don't want it to. I can't believe i have been gone almost 5 months. It is crazy. So i will be emailing you on Wednesday. I wouldn't be suprised if Elder Wear gets transfered so it might even be thursday but we will just have to see. So don't expect an email on Tuesday.
Well i love all of you guys and i love hearing from you. You are the best family in the world. Thank you for all your support and prayers. The church is true and it is amazing to see it change peoples lives. It is the greatest joy anyone can ever have. I love you.
Elder Sam Rudd
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment