Hello how is everyone? I hope all is well there. It sounds like everyone is doing well and having fun. We just had our mission football (soccer) in coventry and it was pretty fun. We won two games and lost two. We should have won all of them but we just werent making our shots. It was a little disappointing but it was fun to be with all the missionaries. I scored a couple goals and people said i was one of the fastest kids there. I am going to be sore tomorrow though. I saw Elder Nordquist, Elder Landgren, and Elder Morgan. We got a picture together so you will get that sometime. So we have had a fun day.
Well this week was a good week. We had Zone Conference which was amazing and i learned so much from it. President Moffat is so inspired and i love learning from him. He puts things so simple and he truly cares about each and every missionary. The Zone Conference was on Chapter 10 in Preach My Gospel and i had to give a talk at it. We are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and finishing it before the end of the year. As we read it we are looking for all the references to the spirit. It is amazing to read the Book of Mormon. I love it with all of my heart. I know that it is true. I encourage all of you to read from the Book of Mormon daily. It makes your day so much better. Also during the week i think it was Friday, it absolutely poured. All day long it rained. It poured and poured and poured. Streets were flooding and it was not very good at all. I was so wet. I think it was the worst storm of my mission. We finally went back for dinner and i took everything out of my backpack and i took my scriptures out and they were absolutely drenched. They are not in working condition right now lets just say that. I would love it if you guys sent me a new set. I still have my small set so it will work but i pretty much need new scriptures ASAP!!!!! I don't care what color or style but i would prefer the medium sized set. I just need new ones. Also that night we were going to talk to a lady that we had spoken to earlier but we got to the house and no one was there. As we were walking away a guy was walking by and saw us and went inside and got a Book of Mormon. We taught him and he was a little drunk but i shared Helaman 5:12 with him and told him that if he gets his life in order and in line with God that satan would have no power over him. As soon as i said that he started to get tears in his eyes and we set up a return appointment. It was just amazing to see how the spirit works. I love it so much. I love missionary work. It is the best thing that we could ever do. I can't imagine doing anything else.
Thank you for the sports update. I need to have a talk with Kyle and tell him that he better get his team disciplined or else nothing good will happen. What is up with all the stupid penalties this year? Well i still love the Utes and i cheer for them every saturday. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!
I still haven't gotten a lot of mail so if anyone back in Utah loves me i would love to hear from them. I am happy that you are enjoying From Cumorahs Hill. I wish i could do it again. I loved doing it. Well that is it for this week. I am having a great time out here. I am so happy and i love every minute of every day. Missionary work is the greatest. I love all of you guys and i hope that this week is a good week for all of you.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment