Hey whats goin on? I am doing just great over here. I have a few scary but interesting stories from this past week so stay tuned. But first i have to say that i was up out of my chair reading about the Utah game. HOLY COW!!!!!! I cant believe it!!! I probably would have had a heart attack if i would have been there. WOW!!!! I love it. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well onto my scary but interesting story. So on thursday night we were tracting. It was going pretty good and we knocked on this one lady's door and she opened the door and said she doesn't answer the door after dark. (It gets dark at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon now) But we were done with that door and we walked up on to the sidewalk. As we were doing so these kids were passing and they yelled something at us. We sarcastically said yeah and then they got up in our face and told us to give them all of our money. We weren't sure if we heard them right but we said what and then they demanded the money again. They hit us across the face a couple times and then asked for money again. They then proceeded to threaten us with a knife. One of the kids came over to me and i reached in my pocket and pulled out 8 pounds and gave it to them. They still thought we had more so they just kept hitting us and yelling at us. This whole time something was telling me not to fight back so i didn't. We could have killed the guys if we would have fought back but we decided it wasn't worth it. So the exchange went back and forth and in the end it just resulted in them getting 8 pounds. We weren't hurt so you don't have to worry about it. I am doing fine and me and Elder Wright laugh about it every night before we go to bed. We spent all day Friday in the Police Station filling out police reports. It was crazy. Everything is ok now and so we are back to doing the Lords work. It was definately a journal entry moment.
We also had interviews this week and they went pretty well. I was so happy to talk to President Moffat. He is such a great example and we all love him very much. I learn so much from him every time i talk to him.
Leysa is doing well. We haven't taught her too much because of her health but she is still loving learning about the church. She is very busy but excited to learn. Jordan is doing well. He has a baptismal date scheduled for the 6th of December so we are helping him with that. We have a new lady named Joan who is very solid and she is so excited to come to church with us this sunday. I am so excited about this work and what this area is about to become. I love it so much!!!
Well before i forget i better mention that transfers is next week so no email on tuesday. I don't know if i will be transferred or what will be going on but i will be emailing on either Wednesday or Thursday next week.
Well i have to get going because we have a busy day ahead of us. I love serving the Lord. I say that every email but i absolutely love it. It is so great. The change that the gospel brings into peoples lives is amazing. I will tell you that there is nothing else like it. There really isn't. I love it with all of my heart. My testimony has been strengthened so much. I know that the Savior lives. I know that this church is the one and only true church on the face of this earth. I love it dearly. I wish i could be a full time missionary for the rest of my life!!!
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment