Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Letter - November 4, 2008

Hello!!!!!!!! I feel like i start my emails the same every single week. If you have any new ideas feel free to contact me via email or via the mail. I could always use some good ideas. I am glad though that all is going well. I absolutely love you guys.

Well tomorrow we have interviews in Coventry. I am excited about it because as i have mentioned before i love learning from the leaders. Especially President Moffat. He doesn't have very much longer. It will be sad to see him leave. But the work this week has gone pretty well. We were tracting on Wednesday last week and we had a Dinner Appointment that night. Before the dinner appointment we went tracting for a little bit and we went on this street and we started knocking. It wasn't looking good. We got doors slammed in our face and then on about the 5th door this lady opened up. Her name was Leysa. (Lisa) She looked very tired but she talked to us. I started teaching her. I taught her about the Restoration and she accepted it very well. She asked a lot of questions and she said that every thing that we had said was in line with what she believed. She proceeded to tell me that she hadn't been going to church because she felt like she hadn't found the right one but that she felt like this one was the right one. It was incredible. I have never felt the spirit so strongly. I loved it. The Lord truly does prepare people. He really does. He is watching over us and looking out for us. With his help we are able to do anything. My testimony was strengthened so much from that. How great is this work!!! That was this weeks big story.

Well i sure hope Utah pulls out of that game and realizes that they need to play very well on Thursday. I hope Kyle gets them fired up. We can do it. I have confidence. We just need to play hard and keep scoring. Me and Elder Wright are having fun debating between who will get the BCS bid. Utah or Boise St. It has been fun to see the season unfold and hear about it.

I am glad Halloween was good for all of you. I missed going trick or treating with Cameron and Katie. I was thinking about how the soup was. I was wondering if mom said that she wasn't going to make it like she does every year and then ends up making it anyway. I hope everyone doesn't get too sick from all the candy that they got.

Well thank you for all of your support. I can't believe it has been 7 months. I felt like yesterday i was saying it was 6 months. Wow time is flying by. I was reading the ward newsletter you sent me a few months ago and i was reading all of the letters from the missionaries in our ward and everyone seems so much more mature and that they are growing so much. I feel like i am the same person. I feel like i am the same lazy smart alec kid i was when i left. I hope i do change and i hope that all of you still love me. My mission has changed my life. It is so amazing to see the gospel work. I know with all my heart that this is the Lords church. I know that it is the only true and living church on the face of this earth. I am so greatful for the things that i have been taught and the things that i have been able to learn. Being a missionary has changed my life for ever. I love being out here serving the Lord. Even though it has gone by fast i still look back and see what i have learned in just this short amount of time. This is a great work we are on and i love all of you. I am so grateful for all of the love and support from the great state of Utah. I feel your prayers and i am grateful for them. This gospel is so true. I love it with all of my heart.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

p.s. Happy brithday Dan!!!

No comments: