Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Letter - October 28, 2008

Well hello there!!! It was fabulous hearing from you this week. Once again it always gives me great comfort to know everyone is doing good. I love all of you.

Well this past week we had Zone Conference. It was a great conference and i learned a whole lot. We talked about chapter 11 in Preach My Gospel and did a few role plays and it helped me out a lot. President Moffat talked to us at the end and he was amazing as usual. He really stressed the importance of obedience. He is very worried that since the mission is doing so well that the missionaries are getting prideful and aren't being as obedient as they should be. He got his point across very clearly and i am positive everyone got the message. He also talked about the spirit and how we can lose the spirit, how we get the spirit, and how we keep the spirit. It was a very very good talk. I love hearing from him because he teaches us so simply and so clearly. He reminds me alot of dad and how dad goes about things. It is great. I love Zone Conference.

Well this week has been a pretty good week. We continue to work with jordan and his mom. She is just not wanting to come back to church. It is really frustrating but we are working with her and i have total confidence in the Lord that we will get her back to church. We have found a lot of new people that seem pretty good. The ward has just made a huge emphasis on missionary work and the bishop here is starting to do a lot for us and so i think that the work will take off from here. I love the work. It is so great. So last week we were knocking this door and this girl answered the door. Elder Wright started talking and got as far as saying who we are and then she started laughing almost uncontrollably. We had no idea what was going on but she just walked to the back of her house and was back there for almost 2 minutes. Me and Elder Wright didn't know what to do so we just stood there and waited. Finally some older guy walks out and talks to us and even though he wasnt interested he still was nice and talked to us. It was a very funny experience and we laugh about it almost every day. Well other than that we are still looking for more people to teach. The people here are very hard hearted and it is difficult to get them to listen to us but we are asking the Lord for help and we are being blessed.

I am so happy to hear about From Cumorahs Hill. I knew that it would be great. I am proud of you Dan for doing it. I wish i could have been there to see you in it but know that you are making me proud.

It is getting very cold here. The wind just blows like crazy. My face is very cold all the time. Especially riding my bike.

Well Utah better bring their A game this week. We have a target on us. Everyone will try and ruin our season so Kyle better get them prepared. I can't believe we are having such a good season. Keep it up. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that is it for this week. All is going well. I am very happy. I love doing the Lords work. I am so greatful to be on his errand. I don't even know if it has really hit me that i am here. It is crazy. Things just happen so fast. I can't believe that Christmas is less than 2 months away. Time just flies by. Well i love this work. I love this gospel. True happiness is found only in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is amazing to see the impact it has on peoples lives. Missionary work is the best thing in the world. I love it. Thank you for all of your love and support. You guys are the best.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: