Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Letter - October 21, 2008

Well hello family!!!! It was so good to hear from alot of you this week. It always makes me happy to hear from you. It gives me great comfort to know that you are all safe. I love all of you.

Well first things first... Best news of all the emails was.... yeah you guessed it. That team down south lost!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all the missionary fans won't have anything to say. That is always good. You would think a mission would change their thoughts and they would not be such a pain but they still are. I am happy to hear about Utah though and how well they are playing!!! GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this week we have been pretty busy. It has been another slow moving week but we found a few people that have the potential to be pretty good. I can't remember if i told you last week or not but we are teaching a 9 year old boy named Jordan. His mom is less active but is very supportive of him getting baptized. We have taught him a couple times during the week and it has been great. We are trying to set a baptismal date with him on the 15th of November but he will be at his dad's house that weekend and so it is a little tough but we will do it. He just loves to learn and is so excited to read the Book of Mormon reader. He loves Nephi and i love teaching him. This work is great and we continue to find people to teach but they just don't seem to like to keep commitments. It is very devastating when people don't keep their commitments they have said they would. Now i know how frustrated people were with me when i was home. I have learned a great lesson on that and this wild adventure i am on right now has helped me learn alot about myself and just what kind of person i am. We did about 6 hours of tracting yesterday. It was a very long and tiring day. Not a lot of people spoke to us but we got a few people to listen to us and we have a couple people that seem interested. I just absolutely love this work. It is the greatest work in the world. I have been so blessed.

We have Zone Conference tomorrow. I am so excited for it. I always love Zone Conference because i get to learn and associate with all the other Elders. President Moffat is an amazing teacher and an amazing Mission President. I love him so much. He is such an example to me. I also love Zone Conference because we get to learn from the A.P'S as well. Elder Nordquist is an amazing missionary. I look up to him so much. He is a great example to all the missionaries in the mission. I don't want him to leave. I always try to pick up on some things that he does and apply them in my missionary work. We have become great friends and i love him.

Well England is still England. It still rains alot and it gets dark at about 6 o clock at night now. It is crazy. It is starting to get cold here and the wind blows like crazy. It just cuts through you. You can't really get warm. It is great though because we get to go out and do the Lord's work. The English people are out of control. They are so lazy. All they do is they go to work from 10 to 5 and then come home and go to the pub and get drunk. It is unbelievable. What Sister Harris' friend said is right. People are depressed over here. It makes it a little harder to do missionary work but i love the challenge. I still don't really know what i am doing but i learn something new each day. I love this work so much.

I am looking forward to hearing about From Cumorahs Hill. It has a lot to live up to from last time. Dan i am so proud of you for doing it and having a solo. Know that i am cheering for you even though i am a long way away. I love you bud.

I hope you had a good birthday Katie!!!!! I can't believe you are 2 years old now!!! I miss you and i love you so much. Keep being a good girl and don't forget your FAVORITE uncle over in England. I hope mom and grandma didn't spoil you too much. I hope to get pictures of you soon along with Cameron. Cameron i am so proud of you for going to pre school. You are such a good boy and keep loving school. You are a smart kid. I love you bud. Don't forget about me.

Well that is about it for this week. I love this gospel and i love all of you guys. You are the best family ever. I know that this work is ture and i am so greatful for this time in my life. It is amazing and the Lord truly does work miracles. The Church is true!!!

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: