Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Letter - September 30, 2008

Hey familia how are you guys doing? It sounds like everything is going great there. I got the package you sent me with the scriptures so that was good. Thank you for that. I love them!!! Also good job Utes for pickin up the W this last weekend. Keep it up!!!!

Well this week was a pretty good week. We had interviews in Coventry and those went well as always. President Moffat once again continues to amaze me. He is a great mission president and a great example. I will miss him quite a bit when he leaves. My interview was very good and i learned a whole lot from President Moffat. At the end of interviews President Moffat came in where all the missionaries were and just yelled ''Elder Rudd, Elder Wear in my office right now.'' It scared the crap out of me and then he started laughing and said ''I got ya pretty good didn't i.'' It was typical President Moffat and so we went and talked to him and he told me that i was senior companion for this next week. He wanted me to experience that for a week and see how i did. So since friday i have been the senior companion. It has been a very humbling experience and i have learned alot from it. I hope i can continue to help this area grow the rest of the week.

Trisha is doing good. She hasn't smoked since Thursday!! It is awesome. Hopefully she is done for the rest of her life. She is scheduled to be baptized on the 11th of October so we are really pushing her. She has made a lot of progress. I am really really proud of her. She just needs to take that next leap of faith and rely on the Lord. We had an interesting thing happen in church on sunday. We were sitting in Elders Quorum and all of the sudden we see Rosemary walk in again. (She is the blanket lady.) She also had a friend. Apparently like half way into Relief Society the friend decided to try and light a cigarette. The relief society president saw her and took her outside and came and got us. We went outside and she just started to walk home. There were definately some screws loose in that head. She was crazy. We all had a pretty good laugh with that one. Other than that we haven't had to much more goin on. Just tryin to get the crazy and depressed english to accept the gospel.

I'm glad you got the memory card. Throwing those things out the window was so fun! It was a little slippery on the roof but we handled it ok. We had had a long day and it was pretty rough so we needed something to calm us down. It was very fun. Also the stuff in front of the door is the moldy bread that we threw out and it got rained on so it fell down onto the deck.

I can't believe General Conference is here again. That is crazy. I can't believe i only have 18 more months to go. It goes by too fast. I love serving the Lord and doing this great work. It truly is a great work. There is absolutely nothing else like it. I am so blessed and so honored to go and to share this gospel with people. I have come to really know that the church is true. If this wasn't the Lords work us 19 year olds would have already screwed it up big time. I love this gospel with my whole heart. I was walking down the street the other day and i just looked around and thought to myself how lost all these people are. They say they are happy but they really aren't. It just made me that much more grateful and motivated for this work. It is the best thing we can ever do.

Well that is about all for this week. Unless tiff didn't tell you it is transfers next week and i think Elder Wear is leaving so i probably won't email until Thursday. I love you all and i hope your doing well. I hope school is going well and that everyone is happy. I challenge everyone who reads this email to find someone for the missionaries to teach. Members of the church are full time finders, Missionaries are full time teachers. You don't understand how much a referral means to a missionary. I know all of you know someone who isn't a part of the church. Invite them to meet with the missionaries. I can promise you that you will be blessed more than you can imagine. I love being in the service of the Lord. I love the gospel and it really is the true church. Thanks for all your love and support.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: