Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Letter - October 14, 2008

Hey family it was great to hear from you again. I love hearing from you guys. You are the greatest family in the world. I am doing great over here. I love it so much. So much. I can't put it into words.

Well first things first. TRISHA WAS BAPTIZED ON SATURDAY. I was so excited. I really think it was the best day of my mission. It was so great to see how excited she was. When she came out of that water I'll tell you what, this incredible feeling of joy came to my heart. It was so amazing. I felt so good and i was so proud of Trisha for all that she has done. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost at the baptism and then on sunday she was confirmed. I stood in the circle and that same feeling of joy entered into my heart again. It was the best feeling. I definately want to baptize more people but if i don't Trisha made it all worth it. I have thought a whole lot about Doctrine and Covenants 18:15, "And if it shall be that ye bring save it be one soul unto me how great shall be your joy.'' Wow what a feeling. Other than that we have a few potential people who look good. We had a big finding day yesterday. We knocked doors for almost 6-7 hours. Very long day. I love it though. There is nothing better in the world.

Well Elder Wright is doing great. I really like him. He is very funny and always makes me laugh. He is good though and we are having a lot of fun together. No not all people from Boise are farmers. He lives in a normal house on a normal street. No farm.

Thanks for the sports update! It was great. I can't believe the Jazz are starting again. Deron is going to get the MVP this year and we are winning the finals. I am so glad that Utah is doing so well. I just knew that i would miss a great season. It sounds like Kyle still needs to get the offense moving but it sounds like we have an awesome team. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i hope that everyone has a great week this week. I hope that school is going well for everyone. Deb how is your class? You should have them draw me pictures and write me for art class one day. Hahaha. I can't believe Tom is a senior and that Dan is in 9th grade. Unbelievable. Keep up guys. I am so proud of you. I love you. Well thank you for all your love and support. It means so much to me. I know that the church is true. Missonary work is such an amazing work. I love it with all my heart. Don't ever be scared to share the gospel. Always find people for the missionaries to teach. It is such a blessing to be serving the Lord. There is no greater joy or happiness. There is no greater work. I love the Savior. He lives and i know that. I love all of you and i am so proud of all of you.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: