Hey there everyone!! Well this is the second to last time that i will email you with 3 Rudd boys and 1 Rudd girl. That is weird to think about. I hope the wedding plans go through well and i hope that everyone is doing well.
Well this week was a little slow moving. We taught Sheelagh and Helen a couple more times and they were at church on Sunday. They really enjoy church. However they are a member referral and the members that referred them to us felt like they needed more time for baptism. President Moffat has told the missionaries in the past that they need to do everything that this family says. It is a really wierd situation. We have spoken to the family quite a bit this week trying to resolve their concerns. We are speaking with them tonight and it will be a due or die situation. If they aren't willing to let Sheelagh and Helen work towards a date to be baptized then we are going to drop them and we can't work with them anymore. If that happens it will really break my heart. I hope that everything goes well.
We have Zone Conference on Thursday which is my birthday. It will be a fun way to celebrate it. I wouldn't want it any other way. I can't believe that i will be 20 though. That is old. There is no better place to be though right now then serving a mission. I am excited for Zone Conference. It will be a good one.
We have really had a struggle this past week to find people to teach. It has been very discouraging and very disappointing. We continue to work hard though. That is the best thing we can do. (Preach My Gospel pg. 121) We know that in the end the Lord will bless us.
I have started the Book of Mormon over again. I think this is the 4th time i will have read it since i have been out. I am currently in 1 Nephi and i love hearing about the trials and triumphs of Nephi. He is probably my favorite person to study about in the Book of Mormon for that exact reason. " I will go and do the things which the Lord had commanded me. For i know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." I love that scripture. No matter what the commandment is, there is always a way to accomplish it. Mission life is hard. It is the hardest thing i have ever done. It is so rewarding though. So rewarding. I know that the Lord puts trials in our way for us to become stronger. I love the gospel. I love it with all of my heart. I am grateful for my testimony of this sweet sweet gospel. I hope that i can work as hard as Nephi and be as obedient and righteous as he was. I love you all and i am grateful for your love and support.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment