Hey everyone!!! It was great to hear from a few of you this past week. Things are going great here and the Lord is continuing to bless us.
Well i didn't get transfered so i am still in Lichfield. Elder Williams is still here as well which we are both very happy about. We have big plans for this transfer and a lot of potential people that could be getting baptized. We just need to keep working with them and trying to help them in the best way that we can.
This Saturday is a big day for us. Sheelagh is getting baptized. I am so happy for her. She is ready and she has such a strong desire to learn more about the church. Her husband and daughter aren't interested at the moment but i think that her positive attitude and the change that will be upon her will help them out a lot. Her son is very interested in the church and he is not far behind her for baptism. The Lord continues to bless us so much. I just love this work.
We have just been having so much fun lately. Our new favorite thing is to start out the day, and continue throughout the whole day, running all over Lichfield talking to people and chasing them down. It is so fun. We are out of breath when we get up to the people but it makes us more excited about the work and always keeps our enthusiasm up. I love it. We handed out 7 copies of the Book of Mormon the other day which was really good. Our goal always is to hand out at least 10 per week. We have been averaging about 13 or 14 each week. We can do better though. We need to. Our goal is to hand out 1 full box in a week. That is 40! We will do it!
This past Sunday was our Stake Conference. It was an area conference and it was a broadcast from the Hyde Park Chapel down in London. President Uchtdorf was there as well as Elder Anderson. It was absolutely amazing. I loved it. In the Priesthood Session President Uchtdorf and Elder Anderson as well as President Oaks, the area president, answered questions that the members had previously written down and asked. It was really good. I loved it. I love President Uchtdorf and i especially love Elder Anderson. I testify to all of you that they are Apostles of the Lord Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for a living day prophet and twelve apostles leading the church. What a blessing in our lives.
Well i think that is about it for this week. We continue to work hard and we know that if we are obedient and do all that is required of us and more that we will receive the Lords blessing. This is the work of our Father in Heaven. Jesus Christ lives. He died for me and for all of us. I will be in debt forever to him. I love him with all of my heart. I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me. Such mercy, such love and devotion can i forget. I tremble to know that for me he was crucified, that for me a sinner he suffered he bled and died. Oh it is wonderful that he should care for me enough to die for me. Oh it is wonderful, wonderful to me. This gospel is true. Thomas S. Monson is our living day prophet. He is our greatest example that we have who is living on this earth. I love him. I love all of you. Thank you for your prayers and all of your support. They mean so much to me and help me more than you will ever know. I wouldn't be the person i am today if it weren't for all of you. I love you and may God bless all of you.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
P.S. SEND MORE PEANUT BUTTER AND MORE CHOCOLATE CHIPS IMMEDIATELY. I AM RUNNING OUT AND IT IS CRUCIAL THAT I HAVE THOSE AS A PART OF MY EVERY DAY DIET. THANK YOU!!
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment