Monday, June 8, 2009

Letter - June 2, 2009

Hey family how are things goin? It sounds like this week was a good one with all of the celebrations going on. It sounds like that was really cool. I was touched by that story you told me mom. I really did like it. Thank you.

Well sorry again about last weeks email it wasn't very long but we didn't have a lot of time. This will hopefully be a better one. We have been busy this week. We have been teaching a few people. Ben and Michal are coming along. Very slowly but they are finally starting to pick up the pace. Everything is just hard and complicated with her being Jewish. They are really interested in the church though so they will do well. I am excited. We have asked them to be baptized like 5 times but they just wont commit so we are taking it slow right now. Every time we go over to their house though they always have to make us dinner. Always. Even if we say we have already eaten. They just throw the food in front of us. I love it though. I never complain about getting food.

On Saturday we were tracting and the phone rang. It was Sheelagh. She called to tell us that she had spoken to her husband about being baptized and that he was alright with it. She said that she wanted to be baptized and so we set the date for the 13th of June. I am so excited!!!!!!! I am so happy that she feels she is ready. That is the most important thing. She will stay in the church for that reason alone. It will be great for Elder Williams. It will be his first baptism. I am proud of him. He is doing well. Sheelagh told us and promised us that she wasnt backing out on this one. WOW!!!! The Lord blesses us in so many ways. I can't believe it.

Saturday was also a good day because while we were tracting, we came to this house. We knocked on the door and a lady stuck her head out the window and we said we are talking about Jesus Christ. She told us to hold on for just a bit. She came to the door and we started teaching her. As we did she just said to us "This is what i need right now." It was incredible. She said that she would definately come to church and bring her 11 year old daughter!! We were in shock. It was amazing. Elder Williams was happy about it as well. Sad thing is that she didn't come to church but we spoke to her, Carrie, yesterday and she said that her boyfriend wouldn't let her come. I was devastated but Carrie said that she really wanted to come and she was almost in tears because she wasn't able to. It was a great experience. I love the mission. I live for those experiences.

I testify that the Lord does prepare people to hear his gospel. People don't join the church because of Elder Rudd. People join the church because of the Spirit that they feel. The Holy Ghost gets all the credit. The people are being taught by the best three-some of missionaries ever to be heard of. Our Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. It is amazing. This church is true. I love it with all of my heart. I love serving a mission. I am not coming home when i have to. You will have to drag me away from this place. I love it so much. This is my life. The Lord is my shepherd. I love all of you and i hope you all know that.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

p.s. Just to let you know. Transfers are next week. So don't expect an email until probably wednesday. I don't think i will be getting transfered but i might. I love you all!!!

No comments: