Hey everyone! I hope that your all doing well this week. I hope that Mom and Dad and Dan are having fun in San Francisco. Howcome we never went when i was home? I always wanted to go. Well i hope that you didn't eat too much shrimp and i hope that you were able to see the stadiums of the Giants and the 49ers.
Well this week was a tough week. It was a good week but really tough. We had 29 hours of finding and we got 54 other lessons taught and handed out 24 copies of the Book of Mormon. We worked hard but it seemed like we didn't get anywhere with our new people. We were happy that we did get our people at church. It is just so frustrating when people don't keep their commitments. We talk to like 100 people a day at least on the street and a lot of them say they will come to church but then they don't come. It is tough but all we can do is just keep working our hardest and doing all that we can. We know that the Lord will bless us.
Well i guess you will want to know about Adrian. He came to church again. He lasted about 5 minutes after the sacrament so it was a little bit of an improvement from last week. But all throughout sacrament meeting he was talking loud again and just laughing. He wasn't even drunk this time. He is just naturally loud. I was trying not to laugh too hard again but i couldn't hold it in. We went earlier in the week and bought him a suit and a shirt and a tie so he could wear it to church. Also earlier in the week we were at his house and one of his friends were there and he always just cranks up his music and one time we told him that we like John Denver so he always puts it on for us and he always puts the song Starborn in Aspen. (I think thats what its called). But we were over there this week and it is just crazy over there and all of the sudden he picks up this sledge hammer that he has for metal dectecting and just bangs it on the floor. I am surprised it didn't break but it was hilarious that he just lifted this sledge hammer up and just hit it on the ground as hard as he could. He is crazy and i will continue to have stories about him so i will let you know about them. We are supposed to go metal dectecting with him sometime so he can find treasures. Its pretty funny.
Dana and Dionne are getting baptized this Saturday. They passed their interview on Saturday so i am really excited about it. Dionne has asked me to baptize her so i will be doing that. Elder Bedke is baptizing Dana and then we are switching on Sunday to comfirm them. So i will be comfirming Dana. I never have confirmed someone before so i am a little nervous. Just pray for me that i will say what needs to be said.
Well the update on my foot is that my cast is off. I am back in my normal shoes. They said that i pretty much just have to tough it out because they can't really do a whole lot with a fracture. It still is hurting and my foot is still swollen pretty bad but they said that it will go down in about 2 or 3 months. That isn't that long... Ha when they told me that i was like are you serious? They just said that i will walk on it and it will keep breaking and then heal and then rebreak and then heal and it will gradually get better each time. So i just have to keep trying it out.
Even though i have told you about Elder Bedke a bit i will tell you some more. Elder Bedke is from Oakley Idaho. His family owns a cattle ranch with 1500 cows so he is a straight up cowboy. He played football in high school and was the Quarterback for his team. He is 6' 2" and weighs about 182 pounds. He has blondish brown hair and has the most adorable eyes you have ever seen. This is only his 2nd transfer on the mission and he is doing great. We get along great and we work great together. He plays basketball and he keeps saying that he can beat me but we will see when we play each other. I told him that i will still beat him on a broken foot. I will let you know how the games go. I don't know what else you want me to tell you about him but he has a great sense of humor and we laugh all the time.
This work is true. I love it with all of my heart. Jesus is the Christ and our Savior and Redeemer. I love him more than anything. I am so grateful for his atoning sacrifice in our behalf. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson leads this church today. Its true. My testimony is simple. I just know that it is true. I have the best family in the world and i am so grateful that i was brought up with the gospel in my life. People here are lost and when i see someone accept the gospel it is amazing. It truly is a miracle. I love it. I don't want to stop. I won't stop. I love you all. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment