Hey how is everyone? I can't believe that school is starting up again. It is crazy to think how fast time is going. It sounds like you had a good time in San Francisco so that is good.
This week has been a pretty good week. Dana and Dionne were baptized and they were really excited about it. I baptized Dionne and then on Sunday i confirmed Dana. It was my first confirmation and i felt like i did pretty well. It was the greatest feeling in the whole world. I love it when people feel the spirit and they are just excited to be baptized. The gospel is the greatest thing.
Well also at church we had Adrian. Before church he had to have a fag (cigarette) and he was smoking it kind of close to the chapel. This old lady in our ward comes up to him and tells him to put it out or leave the property. He asked why he had to and then they got into a little argument and Adrian walked off and said forget it. He walked away and then me and Elder Bedke just looked at each other and said that he will be back. Sure enough about 2 minutes later Adrian walks up. He was still a little mad but he decided to stay at church. He came in and he lasted the whole sacrament meeting. It was great. We think it was because we didn't sit by him so he couldn't talk to anyone really. I was happy about it. But Adrian is not getting baptized this week. He was supposed to but we couldn't get him to give up smoking and drinking. We have tried everything. It is tough. We just need to get him to have a desire to give it up. We will get there though.
Everything else is going pretty well right now. We have a lot of people that we are going to start teaching this week that seem pretty good so i am hoping that we can get them to progress. There is nothing that i want more.
This morning i was studying about Faith and Repentance. I was reading in Enos and i was amazed at what Enos did. He desired to have his sins forgiven and he gave everything he had to the Lord. He wrestled with God. God told Enos that it was because of his faith that he had been forgiven. If we don't have faith then we can't be forgiven of our sins. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is real. I know it is. I have felt it in my life so many times and the happiness and the joy that it brings to me is beyond comprehension. I know that the gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior. He really did do all that he said he did. I love him. I am so grateful for my membership in the gospel. There is nothing better in this life. Thank you for everything that you do for me. You are my greatest support. I wouldn't be here if it werent for all of you. Thank you. I love you all. I hope you have a great week.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Just to let you know it is transfer week next week so i will email on wednesday. I will be surprised if either of us get transfered so expect an email on wednesday. i love you.
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment