Hello Family!!! Thanks for all the emails this week. They were great. I love hearing from everyone. You guys really are the best family in the world. I have grown to have such a greater appreciation for family since i have been out here. You really don't realize how much your family really does mean to you until you are really away from them for a long time.
Well today has been great so far. We went golfing this morning. 9 holes!! It was so great. It reminded me of back home. I shot a 43 so i was pretty happy about it. I had to use the rented clubs from the pro shop so they were hard to get used to. But i still loved it. I don't know if i ever told you but we are in a 4 man flat so all of us went golfing. I shot a 43, Elder Brower shot a 48, Elder Svendsen (from Norway) shot a 55, and Elder Grover (from Washington) shot a 69. It was pretty fun and Elder Grover said i was too serious during golf. I laughed and said that i was nowhere close to as serious as i am when i am home. It was pretty funny. But yeah we had Elder Quenzer in our flat but he finished his mission last week so he went home. He is from Idaho and he is a great guy. I really miss him. But we now have Elder Grover and he is a pain in the butt. He doesn't do his dishes, he doesn't clean up after himself at all, and he just doesn't seem to care. It is pretty frustrating. (Sorry mom you probably felt like that when i was home). But i think i am always stuck doing the dishes because he puts them in the sink and doesn't wash them and then they just keep piling up. But o well enough about that.
Well this week we have been doing alot of tracting. It has been pretty good weather and hasn't rained for a few days. I don't think it has rained for almost a week now. It is great. But we are still also teaching Jenny. The members wife. She is amazing. She has no concerns at all and i love teaching her. She knows the church is true and i dont think she can wait any longer to be baptized. I am so excited for her. She will be so much happier when she is baptized on the 21st. That is in a week and a half! Our last baptism seemed like it was yesterday. Time flies out here. The weeks seem like days. It is incredible. But other than Jenny we started teaching this lady named Myra. We tracted into her and she is pretty good. We taught her the plan of salvation yesterday and it was a really good lesson. You could feel the spirit and she was really interested in all of it. She told us that we really opened up her mind on things and that she is interested in learning more. Hopefully she will continue and she will be baptized.
One side note. We went to a members house this week for dinner and they are from the states and they cooked us steaks. Man were they good. They were so good and they were huge. I loved it. I was in heaven. But yes mom i am still eating a lot of peanut butter. My diet is pretty much peanut butter sandwiches, noodles, cereal with yogurt, and then macaroni and cheese that the american family gave me. That really is about all i eat.
But you asked about Elder Brower. He is a great companion. I love him so much and i know that we will be friends for our whole lives. I learn so much from him and he is just a great friend. We are both learning the mission together because he hasnt been out that long. He was just made a district leader so i am learning not only about the mission but also about being a leader as well. It is a great experience and i love him alot. But we are working hard. People think we are twins or brothers. Sometimes we tell them we are and we also tell them we are from canada when they say i don't want to listen to you ''bloody'' americans. Its pretty funny. We have a lot of fun together.
Well everything is good here in england. I love the mission and i love serving the lord. The gospel brings so much happiness into our lives and i love sharing it with people. I am continuing to work hard. I love serving the lord. There really is no greater work. It goes by so fast. I love you so much and i pray for you every day. Go celtics. I better hear about them winning the whole thing. I have been saying all year they are going to so they better. Also who went first in the nfl draft. Update me on that. Well i love you guys and i cant wait to hear from you next week. Tell cameron happy birthday for me and that i love him so much and miss him. I wrote him a letter so i hope he gets it. I love you guys and the church is true. It is so true. I love you!!
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment