Saturday, June 28, 2008

Letter - June 24, 2008

Hello to the best family ever!!!! I am glad everyone is doing well. I don't know when you guys will read this because half of you are in Nauvoo right now but i just want you guys to know how much i love this gospel. It truly does bless familes. You guys are such an example to me and i hope that everyone realizes how much of a blessing the gospel is.

Well this week was a pretty good week. The baptism went through as planned and it was a great service. Wow the spirit was so strong there. Both companionships baptized and it was so great to see how happy everyone was. With Jenny, her husband baptized her. It was so great. He was so excited to baptize his wife. It was funny because in the very first lesson we taught her he just like totally rebuked her and told her that he wants a temple marriage and nothing else. But it was such a good day. I love seeing people change their lives and how much happiness the gospel brings. It is amazing.

Well this week was Zone Conference as well. Wow!!!! President Moffat is so good. I can't imagine having a better mission president. He is so good at teaching us and you can really tell how much he loves doing what he does. The zone conference was on Chapter 2 of Preach My Gospel which is on Effective Study. It was so good. How zone conference works is at the first of it President Moffat usually talks about what he thinks the mission needs help with. He gives us things that we need to be more obedient on and that is the time when he really cracks down on things. Then he lets us know our numbers as a mission and how we are doing. Then usually the Assistants take over for a while and talk about the Action Points. Those are three things they give us to help us become more effective missionaries. They really do help us so much if we really work on them. It's amazing. Then usually after that we break up into our zones, because we have 3 zones that meet all at once, and the zone leaders talk about how we can apply the topic of zone conference in our everyday missionary work. After that we have lunch and then after lunch we usually have two talks that are given and they just randomly call on people so you have to be ready but then after that President Moffat gives a talk. It is amazing how he does it. He totally just broke down 3rd Nephi 11 and talked about how our duty as missionaries is to baptize and how the first thing Jesus Christ talked about when he visited the America's is teach about baptism. It was so good. I love zone conference. I always look forward to it. I love President Moffat so much. I am sad that i only get to have him for another year. He is going to be an apostle one day.

We are hoping to pick up three new baptismal dates this week. It should be a good week. I love this work.

I love you guys so much. I hope everything went well in Nauvoo and that you guys felt the spirit. This gospel blesses lives and our job is to help people realize that. I love this gospel with all my heart. There is nothing that i would rather be doing than being a missionary. It is going by too fast. I love it though and i love you guys. Thank you for all your support.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: