Hello there!!!! I am glad everyone is doing well. I can't believe i missed the U.S. Open!! I was getting excited just reading about it. I almost jumped out of my chair at the library. Tiger is so good. All he was doin was playin around with rocco. He knew all along he was going to win he just wanted to make it interesting. But we aren't golfing this week which makes me kinda sad but hopefully we will soon.
This saturday we have Jenny's baptism. I am so excited. She is so great and it has been so fun teaching her. She knows the church is true and she will be such a good member of the church. She has no idea what she is getting herself into and the blessings that she will enjoy because of it but once she does realize it, o man is it gonna be good. I am so excited for her. She is into tennis and golf and she goes to Wimbeldon every year and so we talk about that alot and so it has been so much fun teaching her. I can't wait for saturday and all the blessings she will get for becoming a member of this church.
Myra dropped us this week. We went to her house and we talked to her and she said it just wasn't for her. She read the book of mormon and prayed about it but she felt like she didn't get an answer. Me and Elder Brower tried to explain it to her and get her to try and feel the spirit and recognize it but we just couldn't get through to her. It was a little disappointing because she was really interested and i think her family just had to much power over her.
Earlier this week i had the chance to go on exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was so great to go with them and learn from them. I learned so much from them and i had a great time. I went with Elder Christie. He is from scotland and he is an awesome missionary. I learned so many things and i picked up on some things that he did in teaching situations and i am trying to apply them into my efforts as a missionary. It was funny, when i was with him we went and knocked on this door. This black guy opened it and started yelling at us and telling us that we were a cult and he was asking what the latter day saints part of the title of our church was all about. He was a born again christian and we tried to explain those things to him and tried to talk to him but he was too busy yelling at us so we just kinda sat there and Elder Christie said a few things that made him more upset and then we just left. It was crazy. People are so blind sometimes. They don't realize how much of a blessing the church is in their life and they don't realize what it brings into your life as well as your family. But other than that this week wasn't really that exciting. We are working hard and trying to find people who need the gospel in their life. This work is the best work anyone could ever do. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love the blessing of missionary work. Most people think that being a missionary means you get a call letter signed by the prophet telling you to go somewhere in the world for two years. WRONG. Missionary work is a lifelong commitment. As long as we are on this earth we are missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have gained such a strong testimony of that while i have been out here. Do everything you can to help the missionaries back home. You guys do a great job and so keep it up. I love you guys.
Well we have zone conference this week and i cant wait for it. President Moffat is so good and i learn so much from him. I love him so much.
Elder Grover is driving all of us nuts. He is out of control and he is so annoying sometimes. All he does is walk around and follow us and he follows me most of the time. He honestly never shuts up. It really is testing our patience. He can't stand still and he can't go a sentence without saying the word fetch at least 2 or 3 times. It's pretty similar to the best two years. Except worse. But we are all trying to get along with him and even though he is annoying we still have fun and we still laugh about alot of things.
I love all you guys so much. This church is so true. I know it without a doubt in my mind. Everything just makes sense to me and i love sharing it with people. There are so many blessings that come from being a missionary that i can't even see and i love serving the Lord. The gospel truly does bless lives and there is no greater joy then seeing people change their lives and turn their lives more towards Jesus Christ. I love this gospel with all my heart. I can't wait for Nate Morgan to get here. He will have such a blast and he will love President Moffat. Tell him i love him and i will be waiting for him. The gospel of Jesus Christ really is the only true gospel on the earth today. I love it so much and i love all of you guys so much. I really do. You guys truly are the best.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment