Thursday, December 4, 2008

Letter - December 2, 2008

Well i have to start out this email by saying.....WHAT THE HECK DEBBIE????????? CONGRATULATIONS! I am so so so happy for you. You seem really happy in all of your pictures. Good thing i won't be at the wedding though. If i were there your car would be destroyed. You know how good i am at the car decorating. Well i really am sad i will miss the wedding but i couldn't be happier for you deb. I love you. Rick you better take good care of my sister. If not you have a year and 4 months to repent and to do better or else you will face the wrath of her younger brother. Just kidding Rick. Thank you for making my sister happy and i know you will take good care of her. Congrats.

Well this week has been a good week. Jordan came to church on Sunday and so he is getting baptized this Saturday. He is so excited. There really have been a few miracles that have happened in order for him to be baptized. It has been great to teach him. Even though he is only 10 years old his enthusiasm and his faith in the Lord are amazing. It will be a great day for him on Saturday. Well i had a lot of spiritual experiences this week. We taught a lot of lessons on the street and this one in particular was pretty good. We have this thing in the mission called 10/10/20. We have to talk to someone on the street within 10 mintues of leaving the flat, have 10 street contacts each day, and have 20 sit down lessons throughout the week. So we were leaving the flat and i stopped this girl right outside of the flat. I started talking to her and at first she seemed like she didn't really want to listen and then i saw the spirit work inside of her and she totally changed. It was amazing. The spirit was totally teaching her. I wasn't doing any talking. It wasn't my voice she heard but it was the spirit. It was pretty neat. We also were just knocking doors one night and we got to this one door and we didn't even say two words and the guy let us in. We went and taught him and he said he would read the Book of Mormon. We went back the next day and he had read it. He said he would come to church and learn more. I hope that he does and that he finds out that the church is true. Wow what a great work.

Well i guess my funny story for this week is we had just been knocking on doors one day and we ran into a bunch of old people. We got to this one house and this lady couldn't hear at all. I had to yell as loud as i could at her just so she could hear me. It was crazy. Then i got so used to yelling that by the next door i was yelling again except this was a younger lady. It was pretty funny.

Well we are going to Warwick Castle again today. It was snowing this morning so i hope that it is not too cold. It should be fun. We have Zone Conference on Thursday. I am really excited about it. I always love Zone Conference. Tomorrow is my 8 month mark. That means i am 1/3 of the way done. It is crazy. It has absolutely flown by. I am so grateful for this opportunity to serve. I love it with all of my heart. It is the greatest thing i have ever done. This has truly been a blessing in my life. I love you all and i am so grateful for all of your love and support. The church is so true. We are so blessed to live in a day where we have a living Prophet and 12 Apostles. Isn't it great? Well you all take care and i hope that you all stay safe. I love you.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: