Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Letter - December 9, 2008

Hey everyone!!! It was so good to hear from you. You are the best. I always love hearing from you and your experiences during the week.

Well our baptism went through on Saturday. It was so great to see the excitement of Jordan. He was so happy and ready to be baptized. He asked me if i would baptize him and so that was an honor for me. It was the first time i have baptized someone outside of the temple. It was such a good experience. His mom has decided to come back to church now and so Jordan's baptism didn't only bless his life but it blessed his whole family. It is incredible to see how the Gospel works. It totally blows my mind. It is brilliant!! (I thought i would throw that word in for ya cause i don't think i have said it to you yet.) haha. Elder Nordquist showed up to the baptism so it was good to see him again. I love him and i will miss him very much when he goes home. Other than that we didn't really have too much go on this week.

We did have Zone Conference this past week. It was a great conference. We really focused on making missionary work fun and not being so robotic. We came up with different ideas that we could do that will catch people off guard and that will be different then saying we are missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was really fun and very very useful. I love going to Zone Conference. We have our Mission Christmas Party on the 19th and i am way excited for it. It will be a blast. There will be loads of things that we do. I guess we are having a Preach My Gospel jeopardy game so that should be way fun. As you can see our mission has a lot of fun and we aren't just robots and serious people. President Moffat is an amazing person and he loves to have fun. He is always making jokes and making us laugh. It is a great experience.

I love my mission. I love serving the Lord. It is the greatest time of my life. There is no greater work. I feel the Spirit of the Lord each day. It works on people in more ways than i thought were possible. It is truly amazing. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I love it with all my heart. Jesus Christ lives and he is real. The Book of Mormon is amazing. Joseph Smith did incredible things. My mission truly means everything to me. Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

p.s. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: