Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Letter - December 31, 2008

Hey family happy new year!!! Well it was great talking to you on Christmas. I had a great time and i loved hearing from all of you. It was great that Bro. & Sister Hughes let us use their phone. I hope you all had a great Christmas.

Well i guess the big news this week is that i did not get transfered. I am staying in Rugby for another transfer. That will put me here for 7 1/2 months. Only one other person has stayed in Rugby that long from what i can tell. The other part of the big news was that on Saturday night i got a phone call from President Moffat and he was talking to me for a while and then he asked me if i would accept a call as a District Leader. I was a little nervous but i told him that i would do it. So i am the District Leader now. It is a lot of responsibility but i am excited for this new adventure. There are 6 elders in the district including us and 2 sisters. It will be a great experience and i think i will learn a lot from it. I have already had some challenging experiences so i will let you know how this goes.

Well there hasn't been a whole lot that has gone on since i talked to you on Chirstmas. We have just continued working and trying to find people to teach and baptize. Things are going well and i am excited about this upcoming transfer.

I was sad to see Elder Nordquist leave. Tell him hello for me and that the mission misses him. I can't wait until i can see him again when i get home.

Well i will be cheering for the Utes on Friday. I hope they can pull it off. That would be sweet if they did. Did the team down south win their bowl game? I am happy to hear about Kyle staying. I hope that he can keep that fire and that his teams will be able to perform. GO UTES!!!!!!!!

Well i really don't have a lot more. I love being out here and serving. It is so great. The gospel really is true. My testimony grows stronger each and every day. I love our Savior Jesus Christ. I really have come to know him during this Christmas season. I didn't really feel like it was christmas but i was really focused on Jesus Christ. I love him very much. I love all of you and i am so thankful for all of your support. You are great.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: