Saturday, January 17, 2009

Letter - January 13, 2009

Hey well sorry i apologize for this email but it will be short because the internet in the library is not doing very well and so they are shutting all the computers down.

Well this week has been a fast one. We have been busy and we are continuing to work hard and find people. It has been hard to get people to progress but we are working at it and we have the faith that the Lord will bless us. We are not really making any progress with that family from Zambia. They have a lot of questions and it seems to be the same ones over and over again. It has been really frustrating. We continue to work with them though.

The exchange went well. It was alot of fun and i got to know the new elder alot better. He is a really fun kid and has a strong testimony. I have to go on another one this week and i have the opportunity to do my first baptismal interview. I hope that i will be able to do it effectively. It will be a great experience for me. I am excited about it.

We were supposed to go to Kineton today but we can't get out there and get back in time. We will have to go another week but i will keep you posted on it.

We have Zone Conference tomorrow. Elder Kouse' (Gérald Caussé) or however you spell it is coming. He is part of the area presidency. He spoke in the last general conference. It will be a good Conference and i am excited to hear him and see what he does.

I would just like to close with my testimony of this gospel. I know with all of my heart that this is the true church of our Heavenly Father. I know that true happiness comes through it. It is the only way. I love Jesus Christ. He lives!! I know that my redeemer lives! What comfort this sweet sentence gives. I am so thankful for my time to serve him. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is incredible. I love it with all of my heart. I testify that Joseph Smith saw two personages on that spring morning in 1820, even God the father and Jesus Christ. I love this work. I see the Lords hand in it every day and i am so greatful for all of the support from the family, ward and friends. This church is true. I testify of its reality.

Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: