Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Letter - January 27, 2009

Hey everyone!!! It sounds like everybody needs to start feeling better. Everyone take a lot of vitamin c. Thats what Sister Moffat tells us to do. I remember the time when i was in like 2nd grade and all of us were sick at the same time and so we all stayed home and watched like every episode of Arthur. It was great. That is something that i remember about being sick. But i hope to hear next week that everyone is doing better.

This week has been a decent week. We have made some progress. We taught Dean again but he didn't come to church. That was a little frustrating but we will continue to work with him. We are still working with Mary and her family. The ones from Zambia but they are just not getting the Book of Mormon so we don't go over there too much anymore. We had a few interesting conversations with people this past week. One guy told us that the Holy Ghost's name is Gabriel. Another guy argued with us for 10 minutes about how he doesn't need God in his life and at the end of it he said now i have given you my time and you have heard what i have to say now thank you. Then he walked off. We kind of just laughed. Last night we had a guy who came chasing after we knocked on his door and said he thought we had pretty good door conversation skills because we asked him if he needed any help with his house. He had yelled at us before to get lost. That one was pretty funny. Those are just some of the things that go on everyday over here in jolly old england. It's absolutely nuts. The english have lost their mind. They are so lost. It is funny to see how they act with some things. I love them so much though. They are the reason why i love missionary work. Yes they are very difficult to understand but i do love them.

We have interviews next monday and so those should be good. They always are. I love them. I learn so much from them. I also had to do a district meeting last week. I had no idea what to teach the district. It was on the Area Book and the Daily Planner. Everyone just gave ideas about how they could do better in updating the Area Book and keeping their Planner organized. It went alright. We have another one this week and so that should be a little better hopefully. Please pray for me.

Well everything is going well here and i am enjoying the work. I agree with Steve Lundquist. It is the hardest thing i have ever done but it is the most rewarding and it is definately worth it. I love the gospel. I love sharing it with people. The things that i have been able to learn are incredible. I wouldn't have it any other way. When people accept the gospel it is crazy to see the light that comes into their face. It is a feeling that i can't describe. I can't tell you how much i love missionary work. I love the Lord and i love all of you.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

Have the Jazz fallen off the face of the earth??? Where are their updates?

No comments: