Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Letter - March 10, 2009

Hey everyone i was glad to hear that the wedding went well. I will look forward to seeing all the pictures from it. I thought about all of you for a bit on Wednesday. I hope that it wasn't too lonely without me.

Well this week was a great week. We found a lot of new people to teach. We had a girl named Lauren come to church. She is a 20 year old single mother. Her daughter is black. She loved church and her daughter went to nusery and loved that as well. I stopped her on the street and invited her to church. She was planning on getting her little girl christened in a couple of months. She acutally lives in the same apartment complex that we do so that was very convienent. While she was at church we asked her to be baptized. She accepted. She will be baptized on the 28 of March. She seems really excited and we are teaching her tonight so please pray for her that she will know what she is doing is what God wants her to do.

Also we another man at church. His name is Robert. He is 69 years old and he is a Methodist. We went by him because previous missionaries (about a year ago) spoke with him for a bit. We gave him a Book of Mormon and asked him to read it. He did and he even prayed!! SOLID!! I was so excited. Well he came to church as well and he loved it. He even participated in the Elder's Quorum lesson a bit. It was awesome. Also during church we asked him to be baptized as well. He accepted too!! I was so happy. He will be baptized on the 28th of March as well. It was a great sunday. I was so happy. It made me even more happy when Elder Bedford told me that the numbers on Sunday were his best on his mission. I hope that we can have the continued success. I don't know why the Lord is blessing us so much right now but we just have to keep working hard so we live worthy of those many many blessings. Experiences like that just make your mission so worthwhile. We experienced great joy on Sunday.

Yesterday was pretty funny. We were tracting this street and we went and knocked on this door. This older guy came to the door and we asked him how he was doing and he just flipped out at us. He started swearin at us and telling us to get off his property. It was pretty funny. I laughed through the whole thing which didn't help our cause. I couldn't help it though. Wow i have too much fun out here. haha. I love it out here. I can't beleive i am halfway done. I don't want to be. I wish i could go back in time and do it all over again. I love the gospel and i am so grateful for my membership in this church. Jesus Christ lives!! I know he does. I testify of his power to prepare people to hear this beautiful message of the restoration. I don't know where i would be without it. I love all of you and i hope that everyone knows that. You are the greatest family in the world and you do so much for me. Thanks for everything.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

p.s. more peanut butter eggs!!!!!!

No comments: