Hey everyone!!! I hope everything is going ok with the basement. I am just glad i wasn't there because i would have started laughing right away and dad would not have been happy with me. I hope everything is ok though. I can't wait to see it when it is all finished.
Well of course the big news this week was Laurens baptism. It went through and it was so so good. She was really excited and nervous at the same time but she will be such a good member of the church. I can't tell you how happy i was for her and for Elder Bedford. It was his first baptism on his mission and so i was excited for him. I hope to be able to help him have more baptisms. Lauren really enjoyed the scriptures and she says thank you for them. The members don't get their name on their scriptures over here because there is no place that does it so i told her that she is one of the lucky ones. We are so blessed in good old Utah!!!!
I can't believe it is conference again. It comes around so fast. One of the great things about conference is that we are now allowed to take our suit jackets off and we are able to proselyte in just a white shirt. It is starting to get very hot and humid and so that is another blessing of conference. I can remember last April conference like it was yesterday. All of us were so tired and the only times during the day we were awake was to watch conference. All the other times we were all trying to adjust to the time change. I still fell asleep in almost every session though. I cant believe i only have one more out here in the mission field. I love conference. What a blessing to have a prophet on the earth. That gives me so much comfort to know. My guess for the new apostle is President Moffat but that probably won't happen. I am pullin for Neil Anderson though. We will just have to see what happens.
This week has been a little better. I have been troubled because we haven't had a lot of new people to teach or come to church. I know that the Lord will help us though. He is the leader of this great work. I see his hand in things every day. I feel so blessed to be in the service of our Lord. This gospel is true. I know it with all of my heart. I can't tell you how blessed we really are. I love you all and am so grateful for all you do.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment