Hey there everyone. This email could be short but there isn't a lot of time. We just got back from hearing Elder M. Russell Ballard speak. What an experience. It was so great to be in the presence of an Apostle of the Lord. The whole mission was able to be there and we all gathered in the chapel and we waited and waited for him to come in. We sat there for a good 45 minutes. Just waiting. Eventually he came in and all of us stood up and he said, " I sure hope you haven't been standing up for the past 45 minutes." After that we all took a picture and that was really cool. I can't wait to get that picture back. Elder Robert Oaks, the area president, was also there with him. It was a very short meeting but Elder Oaks spoke to us along with his wife. Then Sister Ballard got up and told everyone that they had a grandson in the mission. She was looking directly at Elder Brower. She just bore her testimony and then Elder Ballard got up and spoke to us for about an hour. He spoke about how we as missionaries need to become master teachers. He said that is where success comes. He taught us that if we are better teachers, then the spirit will be more present and people will recognize it and feel it more in their lives. It was a great talk and i learned so much from it. After he spoke he told us that we could ask him any questions about missionary work. He didn't want us to ask him where Kolob was or anything like that. We did that and then after about 20 minutes he had President and Sister Moffat bear their testimony and then Elder Oaks and then he bore his testimony. I can't tell you how strong the spirit was in that room and that moment. You had to experience it for yourself. I loved being in that meeting. I didn't want to leave. I would have listened to Elder Ballard all day and all night. At the end of the meeting he had all of us come up and shake his hand. That was really special.
I love this gospel. I know that there is a living day prophet on the earth and that there are 12 Apostles leading the church. This is the true church of Christ. I know it is. I am so grateful for my membership in it.
This week is interviews as well. I am excited for those. I always love learning from our leaders. Elder Ballard got up and told the whole mission that we have as good a mission president as you will find in the church. That was a real honor for President Moffat but i knew that it was true. I am grateful to be in this mission and to be serving the Lord. The church is true and i hope that i can make the Lord proud. I love all of you and am thankful for you.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment