Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Letter - April 7, 2009

Hey there i hope everyone is doing well today. I hope that everyone isn't too sad about Conference being over. Conference was great. I loved it. We don't get to watch the Sunday Afternoon session because it is too late so that is always disappointing. I was especially disappointed this time because i missed Elder Bednar's talk. He is one of my favorite's so i will just have to wait a couple of months until we get the ensign to read it. General Conference is so amazing though. I was suprised to see how many lighter gray suits there were. President Uchtdorf's was the best though. I loved both of his talks. I loved how he said in the Priesthood Session that the gospel is not someones best guess. It really is the gospel of Jesus Christ. And that is so true. I love this gospel so much more after hearing conference. I can't wait until October so i can hear them again. I am very happy to hear about Elder Anderson. I knew he was going to go in. He will be great. I am proud to say that i have eaten dinner with one of the Apostles. He will do great. I was also very sad to hear about President Dahlquist. I thought for sure he would be put in as a General Authority. He is a great man and he did a lot of good for the Young Mens organization. Maybe they are just giving him a break.

This week has been an alright week. We have found a lot of people and the Lord is blessing us. We have been able to teach some people. We have been faced with a lot of challenges but we face them and we try and work as hard as we can. We hope that this week is a great week.

Brother Withington is so funny isnt he. I love him so much. He reminds me of Steve Scott. I am glad that he was able to get to the house and that you were able to meet him. I will be friends with him for a long time to come.

Well time is running out but i want you to know that i know that this gospel is true. I think my favorite talk in Conference was Elder Holland's talk on the Savior. It was an amazing talk. Jesus Christ does live. I can testify of that. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Lord's kingdom again established on the earth. I know that without a doubt in my mind. I love this gospel so much and i want to dedicate my life to it. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the prophet on the earth today. What a blessing. I love all of you and i am thankful for the time i have to serve our Lord Jesus Christ.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: