Thursday, April 30, 2009

Letter - April 30, 2009

Hey well this week has been a very very busy and interesting week. I hope that your week has been a good one with a lot of good things happening.

Well the big news of the week is that i didn't get transfered out of Lichfield. I am still here. Elder Bedford has left though and gone to a city called Worcester. (Pronounced woo-ster). He was a bit sad to leave Lichfield but it will be good for him to get a new area and new companion. He has pretty much only been in Lichfield. So i am excited for him. Me and him got a long great and it will be different without him but we will move on from it.

On Monday afternoon we were riding our bikes out in the pouring rain. It was absolutely pouring. All of the sudden i get a phone call and it was from President Moffat. I quickly pulled over off of the road and answered the phone. He asked me how i was doing and i told him i was very wet. Well during the call he asked me if i would be a trainer for this next transfer or so. I was very surprised at this but i told him that i would do it and that i would try my best. So i am now training a brand new missionary. I am very excited for this opportunity and i will work as hard as i can to be the best example to him that i can be. So my companion, or my boy, as we call it out here is named Elder Williams. He is from South Jordan and he went to Bingham High School. He played football and he is a very big muscular kid. He is about my height and weighs about 220 pounds. He is an awesome kid and we know some of the same people. He is very excited to be a missionary and to get to work. His excitement is contageous and it makes me even more excited to do this work. I love it. I can't wait to see what this brings.

Well this email will be short because we have to go out and go to work, but i thought i would just email you and tell you about the amazing blessing and opportunity i have from the Lord. I am excited and i will work as hard as i can.

I love this work. We continue to work with Jean and Gareth and they are progressing very slowly but we are getting there. It will be a long journey. I am so grateful for the time i have to serve and to do this work. I love it with all my heart. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and everything he has done for me. What a great example. I love all of you and i hope that all of you are doing well. You are the best.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: