Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Letter - September 15, 2009

Hey everyone!! It was good to hear from you and i hope that everything else is going well for you. It has been a good week but a tough week. I love it though. I wouldn't want it any other way.

This week was good. We continue to teach Margaret and she is the best. She can't wait to get baptized. She has already read through 2nd Nephi and she gives us something to eat everytime we go over there. It is great. She is still scheduled to be baptized on the 26th. So things are going well with her.

We are teaching a bunch of teenagers at the minute and they are really crazy. Everytime we go over to the house there are about 10 people over there and they all talk at once and they are always playing the Xbox. We are trying to get them moved out though so they can get baptized. They aren't really willing to do it so its going to be hard. We will do it though.

Susan is doing pretty good. She came to church and she is reading the Book of Mormon and praying. We just have to get her excited about being baptized. Hopefully we can get her to commit tonight.

We have Zone Conference this week. It is going to be at the Gadfield Elm Chapel again. We went there last year. It will be great. I loved it. I am just hoping that it doesn't rain while we are there. President Ogden is really excited about it so it should be good.

On Sunday night we were walking down a street and we both felt as though we should go and tract this one street. So we did. We ran into a less active member who wasn't interested in coming back to church but then we ran into another member of the church who has just recently been disfellowshipped this past summer. She is a great lady. About 27 or 28 years old. She told us that she really wants to come back to church but she just doesn't feel accepted or she doesn't feel that anyone will want her there. She was less active for a few months before she was disfellowshipped but we told her to come back to church this sunday. She is going to come with us so i am really excited about that. She knows that the church is true and she continues to read her scriptures every single day. I just hope that this can help her and that when she comes to church on sunday that she will feel loved and accpeted by the ward.

Well i hope that everyone has a good week. Congrats to Dan and Tiff for doing the triatholon. I don't know if i will join you. We will have to see. I am glad to hear that the Utes won again. They sound like they are struggling though. I hope Kyle gets them kicked into gear this week. They got a tough one against Oregon. They will win though.

I love you all and thank you for your support. The mission is the best. I love it. The church is true. I know it is. Jesus Christ lives. My testimony of him has grown so much since i have been out here. I love him. He is the only way. Thank you again for everything. You are the best.

Love, Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: