Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Letter - January 12, 2010

Hey everyone!! I hope you have all had a great week. Thank you for all of your prayers and all of your support.

Well this has been a pretty good week. Wales is great. It is crazy though. The people are impossible to understand, the language gives me a headache just looking at it with all the double d's and y's and w's. It is full of hills packed with a foot of snow. I love it though. I love sharing the gospel. I don't mind that i have to walk almost an hour each way over a massive hill in a foot of snow to go and visit one person. That is what i love doing. I love missionary work. The area that i am in is full of hills and valleys. Hence the name Heads of the Valleys. There are about 5 different valleys in the area with huge hills surrounding them. The little town that we are in is called Ebbw Vale. It is very small. My new address is:

43 Council Street
Ebbw Vale, Gwent
NP23 6JS
Wales

Elder Nylund is pretty good. He is from Stockholm Sweden. He has been out on his mission for a year. He is a very very quiet kid and a bit unusual but we have gotten a long pretty well.

Church was canceled on Sunday so i haven't even met the ward yet. It is pretty crazy. Our church is over in Merthyr Tydfil and it takes about a half hour to drive there. I hope its not canceled this week though.

Currently we are teaching a few people. We have a lot of part members to work with and a few less actives. Hopefully we can get permission from the members of the family to baptize them and teach them. Not too much has gone on. We just had a good few days of finding.

We have district meeting tomorrow which should be fun and interesting. Please pray for me. I am doing it on three of the Christlike attributes in Preach My Gospel. Faith, diligence, and obedience. I hope it goes well and i hope that i can help the other Elders in the district.

Other than that not a lot has gone on. It is very very cold here. Alot of snow. People think we are crazy. That's what i want though. I love missionary work. There is nothing bad about this work. It has taught me so much. It proves to me that the gospel is true. I know that it is. I love it so much. I am grateful that I have a Savior who has taken upon himself all of my sins and who is there to lift me up when i am down and who is always there as my best friend. I love the gospel and i am grateful that we have a living prophet on the earth today. We really are so blessed. I love you all and i am grateful for all that you help me with. I hope you have a great week.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: