Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. Yeah i heard about the stupid game. It makes me upset even when i am 6000 miles away. Our bishop told us the score on sunday. (He is from America and lived in Provo for a while). But then yesterday morning during study i get a call from President Ogden who is singing the stupid fight song. I still get frustrated. And i can't believe Max Hall. Good way to represent the "Lord's" University. O well i better stop saying stuff or else i will get really upset.
But this week in Cheltenham was really good actually. I love it. They have been struggling for a long time. They had been getting close to 30 hours of finding with no success. They did a lot of tracting and it wasn't working so i said to Elder Schmidt that we should go and do more street contacting near city center and see how we do. Well on Wednesday night we found a guy named David. He is doing really well. We taught him on Friday and then he came to church on Sunday. He will be getting baptized on January 3rd. He is really good. Haha. Yesterday as we were teaching him he told me that i sounded like Jimmy Stuart. That's not the first time i have heard that. But yeah he is doing wonderful. Please keep him in your prayers.
We are also baptizing a guy named Graham on the 19th of December. He is doing well. He struggles a bit to learn everything but he is getting there. We just need to teach him very simply and he will be good.
We had a very good day yesterday. We came to city center in the morning and we talked to people for 2 hours and we handed out 4 copies of the Book of Mormon and got 2 new investigators. It was awesome. I told Elder Schmidt that we are going to put Cheltenham on fire!
So that is about all that has happened so far in Cheltenham. I guess i will just tell you a little about Elder Schmidt. He is kind of short. He is 20 years old. He is from Dresden Germany. He served in the military for a year before he came out. He is a pretty funny kid. Very stubborn. Good young missionary.
Well i hope that everything goes well this week for everyone. I can't believe that christmas is coming up again. It's only 3 weeks away. It's crazy. I hope that everyone is ready. Thank you for all that you do and all the support that you give to me. It helps me out a lot. I am loving it over here. I am absolutely sick of the rain and it is very frustrating working in the rain. But i guess that is how life goes. I am grateful for the gospel and all that it helps me with. Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior. I know that. The gospel is true and this is the Lords work. I love you all and i hope that you have a great week.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment