Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing well and i hope that you are having as much fun as i am. I bet you aren't but thats ok. Haha. The mission is going great and i love it so much.
I can't believe Utah. Come on. We need to step it up. What the heck is with all these turnovers? I hope they shape up and that Kyle gets them under control. I am so happy that TCU killed that team down south. Elder Jameson is a fan of them and so we have a few arguments here and there and i told him that TCU was going to win. It's always good to hear about how sports are going.
The ward sounds like it is pretty interesting now. I didn't know that the Darrow's are in our ward now. Thats crazy. Who else did we get? Anyone interesting. It will be interesting to see the ward when i get home.
Well this week was a really tough week. It really was. We did a lot of finding and we didn't really find anyone new. It was very frustrating. On Saturday night we had 5 people that we were expecting at church and none of them came. It was really disappointing but it made me that much more motivated to go and find people this week and get them to church.
We are still teaching Nora and Martin who are supposed to be getting baptized on the 7th of November. They are doing pretty well. Nora just can't read so it is tough for her to read from the Book of Mormon. We will get her testimony though.
We still see John a lot and he is still crazy. He called me the other night and all he said was God bless america and God save the Queen. I was laughing so hard. And then a couple nights ago he called and said that he was in an argument with a few other patients there on who was bigger in America. The argument was between Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones or Billy Idol. I have no idea who Billy Idol is but John loves him and always talks about him so i obviously went on Johns side and said Billy Idol. He said thank you and then he told everyone and they all got on the phone and started arguing with me for a second. It was pretty crazy. John eventually wants all of us to be driving nice cars. He wants me and Elder Bedke to be driving a mustang and he wants to be driving a ferrari as well as Elder Jameson. It is crazy and every day is a new experience. I just act like i am really serious about all these things and then he just keeps getting crazier and crazier ideas. I will keep you updated on John.
Yesterday we had Zone Conference. It was great. I learned a lot from it. President Ogden sopke about recognizing the spirit and how that is probably the hardest thing that missionaries struggle with. He explained a few things with the scriptures and it really helped me out a lot because i feel that that is something that i struggle with. It was definately a Zone Conference that was for me.
But that is about all for this week. I love my mission. I absolutely love it. We also watched Elder Hollands talk from conference yesterday and it was incredible. The Book of Mormon is true. I know it is. I know that this gospel is true. There is no way that it isn't. This is the Lord's work. There is no doubt in my mind about that. I am so thankful for all of the challenges that i go through and for all of the experiences i go through that make me a better person. I love them. I love all of you and i am thankful for what you teach me. This week will hopefully be a good week and we will hopefully have quite a few people at church. The gospel is true!!
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment