Hello everyone! It was good to hear from a few of you. I hope that the rest of you are doing good. Things are going great here. This week has been a good week. We continue to teach Nora and Martin but they won't be getting baptized this weekend. They weren't ready and so we had to push the date for a couple more weeks. It was disappointing but at least we are still teaching them. Nora's son just got out of prison and we went over last night and he was there and he told us that he wanted to be baptized and he wanted to come to church. So hopefully he will come. We still see John almost every day. He is doing really well. He was able to come to church this last sunday and he really enjoyed it. He is probably one of the best investigators i have ever had even though he is a little crazy. I love him though and we are just focusing on trying to get him to come to church every week with the doctors permission.
But other than that we were just out finding new people this week. We found a few new people who seem to be pretty good. Hopefully they will just be able to hold their appointments. I forgot to tell you a story that happened the other day with Sister Cooper. I don't know if you remember her but her husband is the one who has been reincarnated 3 times and he fell off an elephant the 2nd time and was trampled to death. So anyways, we were at Sister Cooper's house for dinner and we were waiting for dinner to be cooked and Sister Cooper came into the room and asked if we give blessings to animals. We said we weren't sure but we would do it. So Sister Cooper asks me to give her cat a blessing. I told her i would. So i gave Sister Cooper's cat a blessing. Elder Jameson held the cat and i had to put my hands on this cats head and try and stop it from jumping out of Elder Jameson's hands and also from licking my hand. It was quite the experience. Everytime we go to the Cooper's, something crazy happens.
Well that's about all for this week. We are now going to Birmingham for P day so that should be fun. I was happy to hear about the sports updates. Thank you for those. I hope that the Yankees pull it off and i hope that the Utes can get their heads goin and start playin University of Utah football. And i hope that the Jazz can sort things out and that everyone else will show up to play. Williams is the only one who comes to play every night. GO JAZZ, UTES, AND YANKEES!!!!!! The church is true. I love it so much. Jesus Christ lives and he does love us. The Book of Mormon is the word of God. It is amazing. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and i know that Thomas S. Monson leads us and guides us today. I love all of you and i am grateful for you. Thank you for everything.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment