Hey there everyone how is everyone? It sounds like your doing well and it sounds like stake conference was pretty good. Things have been going pretty well here and hopefully they will continue to do so.
We had transfers which i told you about. We were the only companionship in the district to have people at church this week. That was a good thing. We had a lady named Sarah who is from Uganda. She is really religious but she has a few doubts about our church. She said that she did enjoy it though and that she was going to pray and see if baptism was what she needed to do. I am excited for her answer. We also had a lady named Nora at church and she brought her grandson Martin. They are really excited to be baptized and so they will be baptized on the 7th of November. It will be exciting. I can't wait. So please keep them in your prayers this week. We have a guy named John that we are teaching at the moment. He is a great guy and he always makes me laugh. He suffers from the disease M.E. which is also known as Chronic fatigue syndrome. He came to General Conference and loved it. He would get baptized this minute if he could. Unfortunately he is in a psychiatric hospital and they won't let him out to come to church. This place has driven him completely insane although he still remembers everything that we teach him. But me and Elder Bedke went and visited him one day and they walk us down this hallway. As we are walking down the hall they begin to unlock door after door. I think they unlocked about 4 doors and then we finally got back to where we could see John. But sure enough they unlock another door and open it up and the room is about half the size of the bathroom upstairs and it has 3 chairs in it. So me, Elder Bedke and John are sitting in this room that is hotter than Africa and they lock us in there while we are talking to him. So John goes on to tell us that he has discovered that his disease is organic not psychiatric. He wants to hit the media with it and he wants me and Elder Bedke to be his super secret spies. So me and Elder Bedke are now referred to as Starsky and Hutch. I am Hutch. It is hilarious. I just sit there and go along with it. It is really hard to explain but just imagine me sitting in this locked room talking to a guy that has gone completely nuts. I tell ya i have never had and probably never will have more crazy experiences than i have had while being in Nuneaton.
Other than that the work is going great. I love it. It is the best. I read Elder Hollands talk this morning from conference and I loved it. My testimony was definately strengthened on the Book of Mormon. I love the Book of Mormon. It is the best. There is no doubt in my mind that it is true. I am trying as hard as i can to flood England with the Book of Mormon. It truly does change lives. This church is true. Jesus Christ lives. He truly does. I love him and i love this work. Every day my desire to do missionary work is strengthened. I love it. Thank you for all of your prayers and support in my behalf. I love you all and know that you are in my prayers as well.
Love Elder Sam Rudd
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment