Saturday, December 5, 2009

Letter - November 10, 2009

Greetings from good ol' England. It hasn't changed much. Still the same old England. It is raining again this morning. I wish i would have kept track of how many days it has rained and how many days it has been clear. I think you would be surprised at the result. Haha. But i hope that everyone is doing well. I am excited to hear the news about the baby. I better get pictures. Well i think i forgot to tell you something that happened a couple weeks ago with a member. Ha, so we are at this members house for dinner and then after dinner we had to go to Ward Council at the church so we are on our way there and the member is driving us. We almost get to the church and we are just about to turn onto the street that the church is on but we have to stop for traffic. So we are waiting there and there is a car on the other side of us. Traffic clears and we start to go and so does the other car. We only went about a foot and then the car next to us totally turns his wheel and turns right into the side of us. It was crazy. The car was hit pretty hard and it almost hit me. I was in the passengers seat (left side of the car, where the driver sits in America) and the car hit the members car right above the tire. It was crazy and of course as soon as it happened i had to start laughing. I thought it was hillarious but the member got out of the car immediately and started to yell at this other driver. So that was the first accident i think i have ever been in. There have been a lot of first's on my mission. Haha. But every day brings a new adventure.

This week missionary wise was very disappointing. We had a few people who wanted to come to church but then Sunday morning they backed out. That is the most frustrating thing in the world. But we keep goin and we will find new people this week and get them to church.

We have interviews this week with President Ogden. I am excited about it and i can't wait to see what will happen. We have mission football next week. It will be very very cold but i can't wait. It is the funnest thing we do outside of missionary work. So our zone better win. I have been praying for it.

Well that is about all for this week. I am doing well. I love it out here. The gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I know it is. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. Thank you for all of your love and support. I love you all.

Love Elder Sam Rudd

No comments: